Thursday, May 20, 2010

Birthday Poem!!

So this a poem I wrote for my best friend (Kaitlin's) 17 birthday. I personally think it's really good.

Yesterday you were 16
But today you are 17
If I were to tell you
That 17 is nothing special
That it is just another year
Or another birthday
Then that would make me a liar
17 may not be as exciting as 16
But as sure as I am a cow…
It is a whole lot closer to 18
But don't let growing up scare you
It only adds to the stress of everyday
Growing up is a blessing
And as far as I can tell…
You are well on your way
You have the mind and heart
That most teenagers don't
Which is why it is hard to find a friend like you
You always know the right thing to say
To cheer someone up
Even when they don't really feel like smiling…
You will bug them until they do
You are a great friend
Someone who always cares
The one I can always look to
Because I know your always there
That is why you are my best friend
I can tell you my secrets
And you understand my thoughts
Without a friend like you
I would still be lost

2 comments:

  1. I have very much enjoyed reading your blogs/poems this year! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mrs. Matthews! I'm glad you enjoyed them! :)

    ReplyDelete