Friday, March 19, 2010

Fine Arts Update


So this past weekend was or District Fine Arts Festival. As some of you may know about my church drama group "Kaio". Well the weekend was pretty amazing. God's spirit was with us the entire time we were there. When we practice the night before and that next morning we actually performed in front of the judges. The most nerve racking thing about this year is that we were first to go that morning. We performed at 9 o'clock in the morning. Which meant we had to get up at 6 the get in and hour practice, eat and have a 20 minute worship/prayer time before we went up. After we performed we had the rest of the day to do what ever. So what we mainly did was take tons of pictures. When I say tons I really mean tons! We had at least 2000 pictures for only the two days we were there. But enough about that. Now its time for our results. Drum roll......."Clash"..... We once again received the chance to go to Nationals. This year it is in Detroit. But that's not all! I once again entered a poem that also made it to Nationals, and oh my gosh; when I found out I was SO excited. I also couldn't believe it. We also had someone else from our church make it with her poem, but she is in the college division. Her name is Haley Valentine. We also had someone enter a photo for the competition, and I am proud to announce that my best friend Kaitlin Bash has made it to Nationals with her photo. So all in all I would say our weekend was pretty well AMAZING! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment